Friday, November 7, 2008

Feel the Rhythm in Your Bones

So I've been a bit MIA recently. Sorry? I've been occupied elsewhere. I saw Conor Oberst on Halloween (review to come, promise) and spent election night at Grant Park. Also having company this weekend which required some cleaning. Additionally, some things on the internet that have intrigued me recently (and will help distract you when I cannot):

1. Cute Boys Make Me Nervous


(Exhibit A)

I don't remember how I found this blog. Maybe on Bust's website. Basically this anonymous lady travels around and takes pictures of cute guys under the guise of running a fashion blog. This gives her an excuse to talk to hipsters who might otherwise intimidate her. I respect and admire that initiative.

2. I Can Has Cheez Burger



Basically the best LOLcat blog ever. So much awesomeness. Sometimes I read it in the living room and Sarah-Sarah gets le mad at me. But it's worth it. If you want to submit your own, there's also an online translator.

3. Yes We Carve



Sarah-Sarah and I carved pumpkins for Halloween. Mine is on the left. I think it turned out well given the knives we had at our disposal. And my lack of art skills.

4. the Election



I know it's all over (hooray America!) but the video is still sort of funny. Especially if you're a Gossip Girl fan. Which I am. It's the new Degrassi.

5. Devendra Banhart





I think his music* speaks for itself.

*by "music" I also mean "facial hair"

No comments: