Saturday, June 21, 2008

We Have to Take the Car...

I <3 my bike. It's a fun and functional way to navigate the streets of Chicago.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Arienette (my bike) kind of looks like that but fewer doodads on it (like tire guards and gears). I had to go all the way to the suburbs to buy it which meant that by the time I got to the guy's house I would have pretty much bought anything. No way was I going home empty handed. So even though I could barely ride a fixed gear bike at the time, I was determined to learn.

The progress was slow but steady. I eventually made a few modifications like getting rid of the world's most uncomfortable bike seat ever and adding a bell. And then winter came and like the wuss I am I retired Arienette in favor of not dying in a slushy gutter.

Sadly, last weekend tragedy struck. Long story short, my back tire went now flat. Last time I had that issue with a bike people started stealing it bit by bit. True story, people are jerks. And even though Sarah was kind enough to find me a seller on Craigslist with a tallbike for sale ($200-cheap!) I decided to suck it up and wheel my baby across the sidewalk for a repair.

The downside of having Arienette good as new means I have no justification to pursue this:


(the bike, obviously, not the rider-ha!)







Which is sad because as some of you know, I have wanted to ride a tall bike forever. Or at least since I first read this:





Courtesy of Nothing Nice to Say.

Although my birthday is coming up...

No comments: